Whether you are glutenfree, dairyfree, refined sugarfree and/or vegan for health or ethical reasons and you want to bring a little extra magic into your food choices or are just straight up bored with mass produced supermarket offerings — you’re in the right place.
Since you’re here right now, something tells us that you are passionate about good food and making the world a better place, full of an adventurous spirit, a positive mindset, and strength.
But maybe you…
- Haven't yet found what you are looking for.
- Are worried that all glutenfree food won't match up to gluten-full foods.
- Just don't know where to start, and feel that your friends who can (and do) eat gluten, dairy, refined sugar or animal products just don't get it.
No matter where you are in your food journey, we're here to help
You want to bite into food that gives you life and nourishes your soul, so you can get out there and change the world.
We've been there.
So, food adventurer and world changer, around food we have a few core beliefs…
- We believe that you deserve to be nourished and to live a life less ordinary
- We believe that just because you have had to limit your diet for health and/or ethical reasons, that doesn't mean that you should lose out on the experience of delicious food
- We believe that food is inclusive, who wants to go to a party where you can't eat cake? Who even wants to throw a party where everyone can't eat cake?
- We believe you deserve happiness, respect, and love. And that you are fully entitled to your place in the world, and we are determined to help feed you.
- If we're being honest, we have a lot of beliefs about the magic that is food. But enough for now.
The gist is this: you want good food, we've got good food. And we use a percentage of the profits from each sale to subsidise support services, fitness classes and other feel good, awesome stuff that we run as a social enterprise. Every product bought, helps support.
A little bit about us:
We grew up foraging for wild berries and rosehips in Scandinavian fjords, queueing to buy warming soup for the family on date palm lined streets at 4 in the morning, collecting pit cooked bread from the local bakery, eating pistachios and pumpkin seeds that we had stashed in our pockets, toasting fruit over summer beach bonfires, jumping over fires with friends and family and standing in the cold just to catch a glimpse of November’s fireworks emblazoning the night sky like fairydust, all the while clasping a mug of hot chocolate.
Food has played an important role in everything that we have ever done; it is central to our being and is our passion because of it’s inherent magic.
The way that food brings us together and unites us, if only briefly, is something that we should savour. A simple soup can give respite to homesickness, a chocolate cake can alleviate heartbreak if only for a few moments. Food is so much more than fuel and that's why we created Nine Tea Cups.
Every moment is a story waiting to be shared. So we make cakes, breads and treats that everyone can eat - After all, who wants to live in a world that excludes other because they are different?
Our work as a social enterprise is inspired by the stories that our loved ones and people we have met along the way, have shared with us, and our work in the bakery is inspired by the ways that food brings people together; the world is full of wonder, so why don't we work on making the world wonderful for everyone? Which is why, every time you buy from us you are helping to support the work we do as a social enterprise, which you can read about here